Saturday, July 4, 2009

Only in Portland



Yesterday (friday) I went to the beach to go surfing. About an hour and a half drive. The coast had pleasant weather and fun waves. Today, while Julie was walking her half marathon, Jillian and I drove to Timberline Lodge on Mt Hood to escape the Portland heat (90's). I figured there would be some snow up there even though the temps were supposed to be in the 70's. Wow, I didn't realize there would be that much snow. We started by eating lunch while watching the skiers and snowboarders go by. Then we made a snow family complete with snow dog and had a snowball fight. She crashed out all the way home. Only in Portland can you go to the beach and then to the snow on back to back days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

103 in Austin yesterday and the rivers & lakes are low.
We want a mountain!

Mom

Anonymous said...

I agree, only in Oregon all in one day or weekend. The beach, mountains, desert. Thats why I love it here, even with our winter rain.

Looks like you both had fun, how cute in shorts and playing in the snow.

Mom R