Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I'm Done


Today is Christmas Eve. We will not be going out to my parents to open gifts with my Uncle nor my cousin and her husband. We won't even see them until Saturday, December 27th. There is so much snow and a threat of ice looming that we are staying HOME. Have I mentioned that Jillian's school and my work have been closed since December 15th? We have had power outages at work and no busses are running up the hill to the VA anyway. 
My parents just got power back at 5 am. I know, all you Texans reading this would say, "Come on Down!" Guess what? We couldn't! Planes are just starting to take off from PDX today. Some have been stranded since Friday...
We have, however, been invited to go to Chris, Dawn and Owens house for Christmas Dinner tomorrow. We will be dining on Salmon, pork loin and a few other yummies. I am bringing a chocolate espresso bunt cake! We are so fortunate to have made such good friends so close in the neighborhood. It has been such a blessing in this weather!
Hope all of you out there are celebrating with your loved ones. We'll be kickin' up our heels tonight waiting for Santa. We even have Magic Reindeer food. (I'm guessing they are trained to sniff out food in the snow!)   
                                                     

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone is excited about Saturday, even Uncle Bob. Hope everyone is safe in driving out. More snow today but not much sticking. We still have over 2 feet and probably will freeze tonite so take care and be careful. Santa made it to the house and all is ready for our late Christmas.
Mom and Dad R

Hunter Williams said...

Waiting at the gate to board the flight to Mexico. No snow there! Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Julie T said...

Hunter SUCKS!
No stinging JELLYFISH HERE!!!
ha ha ha ha ha ha ahhhh, just not as funny.