Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Let it SNOW! (alright, enough already!!)

Snowmom's Log:  It has been 3 days since we have been stuck at home. Jillian loves it. Every night she says,"Mama, there's no school tomorrow. Can we go to Owen's?" 
On Sunday we walked over to Owen's house. Chris, Owen and the JT"S all walked to Starbucks  pulling the sled behind. It was kind of pointless because the wind was blowing so much the kids only wanted to be carried. When we returned, the kids played inside and we wound up staying for lunch. Lots of fun, but so cold walking home. 
Yesterday John drove to work and we went across the street to play with our friend Mira. In the afternoon, about 2 p.m. Owen and mom, Dawn walked the 4 blocks to our house. Everyone had a good time. They stayed for a couple hours and then carefully walked home. 
Today, I'm sure Jillian and I will walk to Owen's to play. Not a bad set up having your best friend 4 blocks away! 
Portland Public Schools are thinking about closing for the whole week. My work follows their ruling. It's kind of nice, but I think if I tried to back out of our driveway onto the street I may back into a neighbors car. Our street is just so icy. John says everything else is fine, but I'm not taking any chances! 
Today is all about art. How much can we do before we go crazy? 
I'll add pics later. We have a couple cute ones from Sunday!
Until next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy I can remember some snow days when Julie was little, she had a little playmate one house over and it was great for them both.


Love Mom