Monday, March 24, 2008

Thank You, Goodnight...

Alright everyone,
I just finished my tour of The Jewish Heritage and Holocaust Memorial Museum.
It was 3 levels: The first being when the Jews were forced out of their homes into Ghettos
The second was during the Camps and the groups who rose up to resist Hitler
The third was how Jews have and are overcoming such tragedies and living somewhat regular lives even though there are those who are still VERY RACIST and don't believe The Holocaust ever happened...

On the third floor is a room with all glass windows looking out on the Statue of Liberty. It was such a beautiful, peaceful moment with the sun shining on the water. Makes you think Hope is still alive and someday there will be an end to all Genocide.

I'm packing up my suitcase, getting ready to take a cab to JFK. It has been 4 days of fun. I am ready to come home to my family and friends... See you soon Jillie Bean!

xoxoxo, julie

No comments: