Monday, July 21, 2008

For Jillian: On your 13th birthday!

There is no picture, just a few words every mom wants to hear, but few ever really do...
Today, this morning, driving Jillian to school, we had just started going over the Sellwood Bridge and were singing along to the Surf's Up soundtrack when Jillian stops and says," MAMA, YOU MY BESTFRIEND."
I asked her to say it again thinking I did not just hear that right and sure enough, "MAMA, YOU MY BESTFRIEND."
I GLIMPSED BACK OVER MY SHOULDER AND SMILED AND SAID, " I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!"
In the back of my mind I was thinking, "How much is this gonna cost me?"

*Please remember dear Jillian, this has been posted on our blog for everyone to read... "No, you may not have that $300.00 dollar jacket!!!!" Remember that when you turn 13.

Love, Your BFF

3 comments:

Hunter Williams said...

Sorry John.
Momma wins.

Julie T said...

Jillian and I were dancing at a concert in the park last night and she said, "Not right now," when asked if I was still her best friend. Ahhh, childhood!

Anonymous said...

Aaah... Jillian's so sweet!
Uh-oh... Julie's so perceptive! Darn it, Jillian...
Looks like your mama going to always be one step ahead of you!

Grandma Texas